"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The kids have really been into using their imaginations and playing together instead of separately.  They both love to help me cook in the kitchen, but sometimes I need to bust dinner out quickity-quick and don't have time to involve the kids with dinner prep.  Instead, I have them bring up their play food from the basement and I set out my griddle (cord unattached of course) and then they cook up a storm.  They love it!  I let them add salt and pepper and water to whatever they are making and they think it is the greatest.  

They can fight like mad, but then there are moments where I see how close they truly are- best friends for sure! Whenever we go somewhere new, my kids are usually so timid, but now Hyrum makes Isabelle feel brave and Isa makes Hyrum feel safe and comfortable- it's so awesome!!

No comments: