"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Sunday, August 1, 2010

July Funnies

Isabelle: "I need to go potty!!"
Hyrum: "Nooooooooo poo poo!!"
Isabelle: "I'm NOT going POOP! I need PRIVACY!"
Hyrum: "Noooooooo pee pee!"
Isabelle: "OH CALM DOWN!"

Our mini van broke down while I was grocery shopping with the kids and we stopped at a gas station until my dad could rescue us and fix it. The kids got treats from the gas station to hold them over because it was taking sooo long. When we finally got home:
Mommy: "YAY! We are HOME!! You kids behaved so awesome! I am so so proud of you for being patient while we were fixing the van."
Isabelle: "Good thing I got candy to calm me down- I was going to FREAK out about the van DYING!"
Hyrum: "Candy? Candy? CANDY??!!!"

Mommy talking to Daddy: "Can you check the antifreeze level in the van?"
Isabelle: "Yeah, to see if it's going to rain or snow."

Mommy talking to Isa: "Oh, look at ALL the laundry that needs folded- why do I ALWAYS have to fold it?!"
Isabelle: "Cause your the mommy. You have to fix food and fold the laundry."
Mommy: "So what do daddy's do?"
Isabelle: "They watch movies."

A boy in Isabelle's church class was being SUPER annoying. After church he tried catching her/tackling her. She threw her arms up at him and said: "You CAN'T get ME! BOYS BOYS BOYS... I wish all the boys would die and never come back to life. I don't want to see ANY of my boyfriends no more! They are all SO inappropriate."

James singing in the van: "I wanna be a billionaire so frickin baaaaad."
Hyrum: "Oh tay"

While mommy is fixing dinner:
Isabelle: "Daddy doesn't know how to use the oven."
Mommy: "Why do you think that?"
Isabelle: "He only knows how to use the microwave. He doesn't know how to use the oven or the stove or the dishwasher."
Mommy: "Hmmm... maybe he doesn't know how to use the washer or dryer either."

3 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Hilarious! :)

Rebecca Hansen said...

haha, glad to see you hop on the funnies bandwagon! isa is HILARIOUS! i love her boys are so inappropriate comment!

Jessica said...

Too precious! :) The boys dying one is my favorite! Just hope she feels that way for a LONG time!