"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Missing James

James is on ANOTHER business trip. I'm such a whiner. He actually doesn't go on that many, but when he is gone things just aren't the same. Sure I have less laundry, easier meals to make, more "me" time, less hyper kids after dinner...BUT I hate being alone. I miss my husband :( I couldn't even fall asleep last night until 2am. On the other hand, the kids are having a blast. Last night they took about a 30 min. bath with foam in it. My parents gave the kids bath time foam and the kids LOVE it. I think it looks nasty. Hyrum keeps trying to eat it just to drive me crazy. He is officially banned from the bath foam.

Today I worked until around 11am, and then we tagged alone with my parents to the Ag Show in Pocatello. The kids had a blast. Tractors and trucks everywhere with every booth giving out candy. I packed my camera to take pictures, but in the pickup Isa wanted to snap a few pics before we arrived and I forgot to put it back in the diaper bag. We parked like a half a mile away so I wasn't going back to retrieve it :) After the kids were all sugared up and Hyrum completely missed his nap, we went to Spudnik for their annual customer appreciation dinner. I inhaled my dutch oven meal due to Hyrum's grumpiness. Poor kid was EXHAUSTED. We got back home right at bedtime. Isabelle thought she was up "so late" since it was really dark outside when we got home... it was only 6:45pm! I agreed with her and told her that she had better hurry and get ready for bed so she doesn't wake up grumpy tomorrow morning. As for me... I have laundry, dishes and my church calling to do. Yay.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I know how you feel. Acutally, I don't. David is usually only allowed to leave me for 2 nights a year to go hunting. But right now he's in Vegas for 4 nights. I told him that means he can't go hunting for 2 years, we'll see if that works!

It's nice living so close to family, isn't it?! :)

Take care!

Carlson Family said...

I wish I was there to keep you company! You sure are a champ to corral those kiddos alone. Colts home during the day, but gone at night so I am solo 5 nights a week and it's A LOT easier when he's here!

raveninthewolfden said...

That is a really cute picture of your lil family, on the base of your blog. =) And what is that green stuff in the tub? Looks fun!