"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Much Happening

Our lives have been pretty same ol' same ol' for the past week. I have been extra busy at work due to year end book work/tax season approaching. I have even been working nights a few times. James is always busy with work. I'm finally getting use to his work schedule though.

Isabelle has been into "projects" since forever. Here is one of her favorites to do: I bought a little ceramic dog at Walmart for $0.44! They have tons of animals, cupcakes, monsters, cars, etc. to choose from. Then I just let her go crazy with her paints. I bought several different ones and tucked them away so I can surprise her with a fun painting project every few weeks.

AND...I can't forget Hyrum. Here's what he did while Isa painted:
He was SO QUIET until it was all gone ;)

3 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

courtney is all about the painting as well! looks like i'll have to head to wal mart for some .44 cent painting objects! Cutie Hyrum, adorable as always : )

Jessica said...

That is just so cute!

And I'm with you on the green foam, it just looks nasty! Plus Bransen is always sneaking a drink of his bath water, GROSS!!!

Ariana said...

You are such a good mom. I'm always impressed. And I'm sorry about James being gone. It never gets easier.