"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
1 Year Checkup
I took Isabelle to the doctor yesterday for her one year checkup. Happy to say she is perfectly healthly, although, she had a hard time at the doctors as soon as he looked at her. She started screaming.. the worse I have ever seen her cry.. and it didn't end until we left the parking lot! We made it through the visit though, and through 3 nasty shots, AND a blood test to screen for lead and anemia. The blood tests came back fine, and Isabelle didn't get any side effects from her shots. Isabelle did do something quite cute during her doctors visit. I took all her clothes off.. down to her diaper, and she started signing "bath" because she thought since she was naked it was bath time. I thought it was so precious! Her doctor was very impressed with Isabelle's abilities to communicate. She knows lots of signs, several words, and understands TONS of words. She weighed in at 19 lbs 4 oz. (21st percentile), 29 in. (40th percentile). Her head size was around the 30th percentile. Sounds perfect to me! She has been off the bottle for a while now... since 10 months, so the doctor was happy to hear that, and she is now on whole milk.. which she LOVES. Once we arrived home, Isabelle was back to her happy self... until she would look at the bandaid on her little finger from where they drew her blood.. then she would get the saddest face, like she remembered every second of the pain, and the crying would begin. So being the smart mommy I am, I took the bandaid off her finger and she stopped crying. HaHa. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe she is 1!!! Congrats on a successful year :) And I love the new color of the page, much easier to read :)
Take care!
Post a Comment