"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Homeschooling Hurdles

Homeschooling didn't start so well one day: My precious Isa, that usually can do no wrong, didn't feel like she should have to do school work one day and decided to retaliate by carving into her desk: "I hate school worck!" I was so shocked that she would actually do something so naughty! I didn't know what to say- I was speechless!! I then told her that if she wanted to write so very badly that she just had to write on her desk- ruining it- that I would make her handwriting dreams come true! She got to write "I will not write on the table" 25 times.  She did it, and we have not had any problems since :)

No comments: