"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Changes
Our family is going through a lot of changes lately. It's been exciting, but definitely tough. Short story? James was offered a job in Tampa, Florida that was extremely tempting... except the whole moving to Tampa part :) After lots and lots of discussion, we decided to move forward and accept the job. We are moving to Florida... yikes! Since September/October, James has been traveling back and forth from here to Florida. It has been tiring on both of us to say the least. Our family functions so much easier as a whole unit. The kids need their daddy, I need my husband, and James is so lost without us :) The last week in October, both James and I flew down for a week. James worked while I went house hunting. Common sense told me, look for a resale home, not a new home, because new homes would cost too much.. right? Wrong. It is a complete ripoff to buy a resale home in Tampa. Brand new homes are being built that are bigger, nicer, more energy efficient and LESS MONEY. Crazy huh? So after finding that out, I threw out my huge list of resale homes to look at and focused on the new construction that was going up in a few different subdivisions. I found a floor plan that would work great for our family and the builder hadn't started building this particular home yet. It will be done sometime late January/early February. So I get to pick my colors, floors, cabinets.. all that important stuff :) We sent in our earnest money a week ago, so construction has already began! The foundation is complete and the framing and roof will be done within the next 30 days. It is moving sooooo fast! This blog has been neglected to say the least. That's what happens when your husband is gone all the time, you are left in charge of 3 kids, working full time, finding a replacement for you at work, training the replacement, & keeping the house looking perfect at all times...because oh yeah, we still have this house to sell! I wasn't too excited about moving to Florida at first, but now I am looking on the bright side: I won't have to work...I've never been able to be a stay at home mommy!! & I get a NEW home... YES!!! We are only about 1 hour from Disney World- so we are expecting lots of family to come visit us for that very reason :) We will have plenty of space... but my mom will have to share her room when guests come. Yes, my mother will have her own room at our new house. It was basically mandatory according to her ;) She will be visiting us quite frequently. She said she even plans leaving some of her wardrobe there, lol. That's what happens when you try to move her only 3 grand babies clear across the country! Fun times are definitely ahead :) And, thanks to Brandi Skinner for nudging me.. the blog has been updated now... maybe next time you will get pictures too.. lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment