"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

Isa started preschool today. She is attending Liberty Montessori Academy private school in Rigby. Her schedule is Monday-Thursday 8:30am-3:00pm and Friday's are field trip days that end around noon. It is quite spendy for the tuition for around here, but James and I agreed a long time ago that education is something that we are willing to spend money on and sacrifice in another area - it is not a day care or baby sitting service. She is being taught ALL day, but in engaging life skill ways. The Montessori methods that she will be taught with are amazing. They really reinforce the classroom as a family so a lot of the older kids help teach the younger ones- such good examples. Isa was SO excited- woke up early, got dressed, packed her lunch. She even kept telling Hyrum that he DOESN'T get to got to preschool because he is only 2ft tall and not big enough. I had zero faith that this excitement would last though... and I was right. She was all smiles until we entered her classroom and she saw all the other kids staring back at her. She froze, lost all color and confidence and held onto mommy's leg for dear life. Oh well, that's what I pretty much expected. Hyrum was less than amazed and was ready to go so after about 15 minutes and a lot of reassuring, she sat down for circle time with one of the teachers that was being so patient with her. I slipped out of there while I had the chance and headed off to work with Hyrum. Then came the waiting game. 3pm took FOREVER to arrive. Oy. IT WAS HARD!! I told James that I literally worried ALL day about her and that it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Once 3pm rolled around I set off to pick her up and when she saw me she lit up and was so excited. She told me that she cried 5 times (her teacher said she had a few tears today) and that she had the best time ever at school. They even made a real birds nest outside and put cherries in it. She was so happy!! I hope tomorrow is easier, but with Isabelle, it usually takes at least a week or two :) I'm just so relieved that she really enjoyed her day and is excited to go again tomorrow.
Here she is all ready to go in her school uniform (she can wear red, white or navy polo shirts w/ beige or navy pants)
She wanted to pretend to climb the wall in this photo...... yeah she was a bit wound up :)

3 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

oooh i'm so glad you all survived!! Isa's adorable, I'm so happy she had a good time. I'm sure she'll LOVE it soon with no tears!

Carlson Family said...

Oh my goodness, she is adorable! Too bad her and Caden can't go to preschool together. :( Miss you guys.

Diana Watson said...

Isabelle you look so much older and beautiful!!! I'm so happy to be your grandma!