"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Thursday, July 15, 2010

We Tried :)

I had the kids dressed so cute for the 4th of July for church since it was on a Sunday this year. I got crazy good deals on their clothes too. I ordered Hyrum's vest a couple months ago for $2.39 and then I picked up Isa's dress from Ross's about 3 weeks ago for $8.99! I love getting sweet deals :)
We have church at 9am and we BARELY make it on time. Usually by the time we get there, we have to sit in the back which is in the gym. It use to be fine, but now Hyrum thinks it's hilarious to stomp his feet all through sacrament because it sounds just so darn awesome on a gym floor. I made him go in the hall a couple weeks ago and have a time out and then I "confiscated" his shoes for the remainder of Sacrament. He was not happy about that :) So it is just best for our fam if we can arrive just early enough to still get a seat in the chapel. Therefore, on this particular Sunday, it was out of the question to get cute pics of the kids BEFORE church because then we would be late, so I had to settle for getting pics right after church when all they want to do is play and eat. Oh well, we tried!



No comments: