"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Finally Arrived

Most of our Spring has been likes this:That horrible spring snow weather leads to a very grumpy husband, and two crazy kids who are itching to be OUTSIDE all day. I was at the end of my rope. I was ready to move! Luckily, this past week has been like this:




YAY for Spring FINALLY arriving. The kids have been having a blast outside playing and laughing and running. I love how they don't fight outside- they share, take turns.. it is glorious. It probably helps that I threaten to take them back in the house if they fight :) Now on to yard work... oh yeah I almost forgot, my uncle is putting in a sprinkler system for us so I won't have to spend every minute of my summer switching sprinklers and dragging hoses AND we no longer have to mow our lawn because we are having the H2A workers my fam get's from Mexico do our yard work and my grandma's yard work to keep them busy enough since there is 4 of them. I hope this means for fun weekend family activities for us because our yard work use to take up most of Saturday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that really your backyard?! IT"S HUGE! I don't remember it being that big...I can't wait to come visit and let the kiddos run around like crazy out there.

Rebecca Hansen said...

what fun toys! i'm also loving the warm spring weather, Courtney was playing outside for 6 hours yesterday : )
how lucky for you to get all your yard work done, i'm jealous!