"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"I wanna go on a walk...."

All day every day the kids would say "I wanna go on a walk!" So we would go on a LONG walk... be gone at least an hour. As soon as we would return... "I wanna go on a walk!" Our kids sure love being outdoors :) The door in the house to go outside was all glass so Hyrum would just stand at the door looking outside and cry until somebody would let him out. It was funny at first.. then it got old ;) It was great spending all that time outside though- sure helped getting through these nasty, long Idaho winters!



3 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

that's how courtney is too! though her's is "I want to go to the park!" which we have to have done by 3 pm when the school bus drops off about 30 kids at the park and only half of them leave to go home!
That's funny about hyrum and the glass door : )

Ariana said...

So what took you too Phoenix for so long? I bet you miss the warm weather. I'm starting to need the warmth, so I hope it comes soon.

The Zolman Family said...

Ariana- My Grandma and parents vacation down in Arizona every winter so we decided to head down there too this time. James can work from anywhere as long as he has internet access so everything just fell into place this year. By the way... Isa really misses Nadia. You have such sweet kids! :)