"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

3 year Check up

Isabelle had her 3 year check up the day after her birthday. I was prepared for a major meltdown-crying uncontrollably as soon as we walked in the building, continuing to ask if we could go home, etc. BUT, my little Isa shocked me big time. The night before I went over everything that the doctor would do and say and apparently it clicked with her. She was a bit apprehensive, but she didn't whine, cry, or even freak out. She did everything the doc asked her to do. I had prepared her to get shots, so she told the doc that she wanted the shots in her right arm. Turns out she doesn't need any more shots until she starts Kindergarten so I prepared her for nothing! They did have to prick her finger to get some blood so she could be tested for low B12 since I now have that. Tests came back fine though! She weighed in at 30 lbs which is in the 25 percentile and was 37 in. tall which is in the 50th percentile. I can't believe I have a 3 year old!!!

No comments: