"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer

Another month has gone by since my last post, so now I feel guilty enough to let the laundry pile up a bit tonight in order to update this blog :) Our family has gone through a few changes lately so here we go:

James is now working THREE jobs... YAY!!!!.....and UGH. We are definitely being so blessed right now financially, BUT James rarely gets any time with the kids and even less time with me. Hopefully it will only be like this for another month or so. Our goal is to start building our home in March so we are just saving and scraping by like crazy! We are so incredibly proud of James' work ethic and dedication... he is working insane hours that I thought only my dad was capable of pulling off!

Out of nowhere, I began to get HORRIBLE headaches almost EVERYDAY of the week. After 7 weeks of this I went to the doctor, had a CT scan, went to a neurologist, diagnosed with migraines and really low B12 vitamin SO I am on a daily pill to prevent migraines, help with sleep, another pill for any break-through migraines, and I have to give myself weekly shots of B12 for 4 weeks and then 1 shot per month for probably the rest of my life. I'm just glad the stuff they are giving me is working with no side effects...i hate migraines... i would lose the entire day/night when I had them.

Isabelle has been doing absolutely awesome. She really wants to go to preschool, but I am just not ready to let her go yet ;) She loves her little brother so much; she is so excited when he wakes up in the morning. I love cooking and baking with her and making her blue play dough... she ALWAYS wants blue :) Isa has been really into pretending with her dolls, stuffed animals, and other toys... it's cute to sneak up on her having conversations with stuff. She has always loved books and reading, but everyday she seems to love it more and more. I take her to the library every monday night and she gets around 15 books each time. By the end of the week she has every book practically memorized and I can quiz her with questions. So smart! She loves playing with other kids.. especially little girls. We have had several get together's with friends that have kids around her age and she is in heaven!!

Hyrum has been growing and eating like mad! I have never seen a kid pack away food like he does. I am honestly scared to cook for him when he is a teenager. He has a charming personality that is so cute. EVERY time he sees a stuffed animal... especially bears, he squeaks and sqweals hugging it... it is SO cute to watch. He could even be mid-crying and if you pull out a stuffed animal... his heart melts, which is good since he has NO patience and is trying this "bang head on floor really hard" thing when I tell him no....yikes... kids are so different :)

Isabelle turns 3 on September 9th and Hyrum turns 1 on September 22nd so next month is going to be full of partying.. oh and we will be DRIVING to Washington for a wedding... pray for me ;)

Well, that is the update on our little family so here are some random pics of our summer so far from playing at the park, zoo, & lake:











3 comments:

Ariana said...

Such cute pictures! I'm sorry about the headaches. I get them a lot too, but they usually aren't migraines and I know mine are due to lack of sleep, and I don't drink enough during the day. My mom gets migraines really bad though and has her whole life. I think I might tell her about the B12 thing. We should do another get together soon, only this time with our husbands. what is your september schedule like?

Mary Ann and Larry said...

Your kids are SOO cute! Have fun partying in September & good luck with that drive.

Rebecca Hansen said...

Good luck with that drive, I think i'd go crazy, but Isa is pretty well behaved so you may just get lucky! that's great about being able to build soon, i'd be so excited! so sorry about the whole migraine situation. ugh.