"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween was really enjoyable this year. Isabelle dressed up as a pretty little witch and Hyrum "enjoyed" being a pumpkin- the same thing Isabelle was her first Halloween, but he fills out the costume much more than Isa did! James and I didn't dress up- we are always so busy so I'm lucky I was able to get two kids dressed up! We went to Grandma's first and Isabelle got her first treat... well treat bag... she loves her Grandma! Hyrum stayed at Grandma's house while we went to the community trunk-or-treat since he was just getting over a cold. There were so many kids at the trunk-or-treat that we ran out of our 4 bags of candy in about 4 minutes so one kid called James "lame". I thought that was hilarious... probably since I was taking Isa around to get her treats so I didn't get the dirty looks for running out of candy :) We were there for about 30 minutes and then we took Isa to Great Grandma Torres', Uncle Rick's, Uncle Rand's, and Great Grandma Watson's. She was sooooo exhausted by the last house; she was saying really weird things that we couldn't even understand so we figured it was time to get her to bed :) Hyrum slept for Grandma the whole time so we just picked him up, headed home, and put the kids to sleep. It was a great Halloween!


-Doesn't Hyrum look so happy to be a pumkin?-


-James carved this cool kitty face on Isa's pumpkin-

-Hyrum swinging at Grandma's-


2 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

what an adorable little pumpkin and very pretty little witch! i also like your background and that you finally got around to putting blog links on it! ; )

Pocketful of Sunshine! said...

It would be nice to live closer...I'm sorry I am missing out on your kids...but glad that they have a 'grandma' that lives right there to give them extra loves, hugs, and kisses. Hope all is well.
Love you all!
xox