"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Baby Girl is Officially 2 Years Old!!!

It is so crazy to think I have a 2 year old right now! I feel like the luckiest mom in the whole world. Isabelle has been such a JOY since she came to us. We have been able to really enjoy being her parents. I was prepared for a lot of tantrums, messes, and stressful times with a toddler... but Isabelle has always been calm, patient, and very very clean :) James and I have said numerous times to each other right before we fall asleep, "I love our daughter so much; she's so awesome." There is no other little girl in this world that is as precious as our little Isa- we aren't biased or anything :) WE LOVE YOU ISABELLE!!!! Happy Birthday baby girl :)

James went into work a little later this morning so he could see Isabelle open up her special gift from us. She is ADDICTED to "Caillou" on PBS so I searched everywhere for a Caillou doll.. only to find out that they don't make them anymore :( BUT, there is always EBAY!! After searching and searching I found a new in box doll with a price tag I could endure! We woke Isabelle up and the first thing she said was "milk"... she was still sleepy. I told here that we had a present waiting in the living room for her and she snapped out of her tiredness really quick! Here she is with her new Caillou doll:
She took her Caillou doll with us to work this morning in her new backpack. I can't believe how grown up she looks! Then my parents gave her a play tent for her birthday... she has been so spoiled and loved to pieces!

2 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

oh my heck, i guess i can't make fun of you for never updating your blog now! so so so many cute pictures!

Julia M. said...

Happy Birthday Isa! She is so darling. I'm so glad that you love being her parents. I'm sure she'll be an awesome big sister, too. :) What a doll!