Isabelle enjoyed her first sucker after a trip to the bank the other day. Before we left I told her that she could get a sucker from the bank so once we got there she kept repeating sucker, sucker, sucker, sucker to the bank teller. He finally just stopped what he was doing to go and get her a sucker.. it was hilarious! She wanted to eat it right away of course, but there was no way I was going to have a sticky carseat, so I told her that she had to wait until we got home and I placed the sucker where she could see it but not reach it. I was so proud that she didn't whine or throw a fit! She waited until we arrived home, ran to her highchair and ate her sucker... which she wanted more of when it was gone :)
"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Isabelle's 1st Sucker!
Isabelle enjoyed her first sucker after a trip to the bank the other day. Before we left I told her that she could get a sucker from the bank so once we got there she kept repeating sucker, sucker, sucker, sucker to the bank teller. He finally just stopped what he was doing to go and get her a sucker.. it was hilarious! She wanted to eat it right away of course, but there was no way I was going to have a sticky carseat, so I told her that she had to wait until we got home and I placed the sucker where she could see it but not reach it. I was so proud that she didn't whine or throw a fit! She waited until we arrived home, ran to her highchair and ate her sucker... which she wanted more of when it was gone :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment