"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our House...Mostly Finished :)

Family and friends have been VERY patiently waiting for me to upload a video of our house since all of the remodeling. I keep procrastinating because the house is never quite finished... seems like there is ALWAYS another project to do. SO, I am biting the bullet and showing you my unfinished, mostly undecorated & unfurnished, semi-clean home... while my kids whine for "MOMMY!!" in the background at least a hundred times because who knew they would need me EVERY second of EVERY day!! Haha... Love them and love my life :) The video cuts off kind of short at the end, but that was pretty much the end anyhow. James now works from home in his new office in the basement and it is WONDERFUL!! I love it because he is always here for dinner and he is tucked away downstairs so the kids don't bother him... so perfect.

p.s. I have like a billion photos to get caught up on... but that is normal for me so bit by bit I will get through them and share with all of you!

7 comments:

Susanna's Lifestyle said...

ah thats such a BEAUTIFUL house!!! I love the ending! haha. =P

Ariana said...

Beautiful kitchen. I bet you are loving it.

Jessica said...

It's so nice! I too LOVE the kitchen. I'm super jealous in fact! ;) I noticed your heavy duty curtains in the kids room, where did you get them? I bought some so called "blackout" curtains @ Kmart and they are horrible!

Megan Zolman said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I do LOVE my kitchen!! Jess- I got the curtains at Walmart & they work GREAT!! We do have blinds behind them too though. There are tons of diff. colors to choose from and I plan on putting them on all the windows in my basement because they insulate really well so it should save us some on heating costs.

Rebecca Hansen said...

ooooh i love it!!

Michelle said...

You have a gorgeous home!

Jana said...

Megan, I am so happy for you!!Way cute house...love kitchen cabinet color.