"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Friday, November 19, 2010

Quick Update

I know it has been FOREVER since I've updated- so so sorry to all my loyal readers :) We anticipated being moved by Oct. 20th, so the internet switched to our new house around that time. A million annoying things went wrong and a million other things still needed to be repaired, refinished, re-everything you can think of at the new house. Things have moved so slow since both James and I work full time +++ these days. And painting w/ 2 small kids is no bueno!! Believe me, I tried :) Painting took beyond eons to do... but everything is done... except the basement and my cabinets which I am getting refinished. SO, the only access to the internet I have had at home is through my cell phone- a bit hard to update the blog with. I am at work right now updating this :) We have a ton of stuff moved into the new house, but we still have all the major large furniture to move, which we plan on doing tomorrow.. so of course a snow storm is on the way... here's hoping we can get it all moved tomorrow and sleep in the new house for the first night!! THEN, once I get my kitchen somewhat setup and everyone has a bed to sleep in, I can start nightly blogging to catch everyone up.... especially with pics of the house!! It has come a LONG way!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Hansen said...

i am so excited for you and your new house!!! i can't wait to see it! best of luck to you getting all your repairings done and finishing up the final touches! love ya tons!!