"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Saturday, January 31, 2009

8 Things

8 TV Shows I Watch:

1) The Office- Greatest show EVER; we rewind it on the dvr all the time just to re-watch funny moments
2) American Idol-well once the "auditions" are over
3) Friday Night Lights- this is one of those shows that I can still fold laundry while watching
4) Jon & Kate Plus 8- this is up there with "The Office"; I LOVE this show- makes hard parenting days seem less hard :)
5) Little People, Big World- I think I like this show since my husband and "Matt" have a lot in common; both BIG DREAMERS, BIG RISK TAKERS, and very successful :) I'm like his wife "Amy"- always trying to keep my husband in reality ;)
6) Food Network- I'm totally into cooking/baking and recipe finding right now
7) Ugly Betty- I can fold laundry during this show too.
8) Caillou, Curious George, and Clifford- the only shows I let Isabelle watch at home since there aren't any toy commercials on PBS-THANK YOU PBS :)

8 Favorite Restaurants:

1) Olive Garden
2) Red Robin- just went there yesterday and LOVED it- will be fun to take kids to next time!
3) Carino's
4) Texas Roadhouse
5) Bajios
6) In-N-Out: we don't have one here, but it is AWESOME
7) PF Chang's: we don't have one here, but it is AWESOME
8) Fuddrucker's: we don't have one here, but it is AWESOME : )

8 Things That I've Done Today:
1) Starting @ 2am- woke up 3 times to feed my 4 month old that won't sleep through the night :) Yay!
2) Went grocery shopping
3) Helped clean our church's kitchen: GROSS- I had to clean the INSIDE of the garbage cans.. ugh
4) Laundry, Laundry, and more Laundry
5) Finalized Super Bowl Menu
6) Changed Hyrum's clothes 3 times... don't ask.. ugh
7) Read Isabelle 5 books for bedtime- she kept saying "mommy, LAST more"... which means last time and one more... she combines them... silly girl :)
8) Drank hot chocolate and cuddled on the couch with my hubby since the babies were in bed at 7pm! WHEW!!

8 Things I Look Forward To:

1) James retiring :)
2) Building our DREAM HOUSE on our 20 acres of land
3) Isabelle going to Preschool
4) Hyrum sleeping through the night
5) Spring, Summer, & Fall
6) Vacations!!!! Some with kids, and some without!
7) Weekends- I love having my husband home :)
8) Saturday nights- all chores are done, kids are in bed, and the house will remain clean for 12 hours while they are asleep :)

8 Things I Wish For:

1) More Money- who doesn't need more money...
2) I want to wake up tomorrow and have all my food storage done, organized, and shopped for by somebody else :)
3) 99 cent/gallon gas
4) Easy Pregnancies
5) A Beach House
6) More time in the day
7) No Dust.. I hate dusting my house
8) Perfect health for the rest of my life... and perfect health for my family of course :)

1 comment:

Rebecca Hansen said...

holy cow, i think this is the first 'tag' you've EVER done! i totally expected you not to do it! haha. By the way, i was going to tell you, Real Deals in idaho falls is giving away 8 luxury cruises to mexico. all you do is go in there once a week and put your name in a drawing, and the the cruise for the week is only names from those two days, so chances are high! They're open saturdays and sundays. thought i'd let you know since i know you're wanting a mexico cruise here soon, this would definately be the cheaper route!