"Parents must bring light and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time. They know that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily parenting is among the most powerful and sustaining forces for good in the world. The health of any society, the happiness of its people, their prosperity, and their peace all find common roots in the teaching of children in the home." - Elder L. Tom Perry
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
I'm BAAAAAACK!!!!
Okay, so first I have to apologize to all my family and friends for taking so long to post a new blog entry. It's been since January, but I promise I have very good excuses :) First, we found out in January that we are expecting!!! Yay!!! Then 2 weeks later my hyperemesis kicked in full force (super super bad morning sickness). So far everything has been the same this pregnancy as it was with Isabelle. Right now I am 16 weeks, which is about when I started feeling a bit better with Isa and so far I am feeling better than I have since January. I was stuck in bed 24/7 for a full month... that was fun with a toddler... my mom or James had to take care of us around the clock. After being on the IV for 6 days and then 3 days a second time, I started taking Zofran which stopped the vomiting, but doesn't take away the nausea. So far the last few months I have been sooooooo nauseated, but not throwing up more than 3 times a day. The baby is due towards the end of September and we are so excited to be parents again! During all of this, Isabelle went to the doctor for her 18 month checkup and the next day she had rotavirus (a horrible, nasty virus causing 25-30 diarrhea diapers a day and vomiting every 30 minutes). Day one of the virus: Isabelle was so dehydrated we had to take her to the ER. They didn't want to put an IV in her since she is so little, so they first tried to give her Zofran... she threw that up so they gave her another one and she kept it down. She stopped throwing up and we went home. Day two: Isabelle woke up with a fever of 102 degrees. I was able to get it down... but it kept going back up and then down and then up to 104.3 degrees. She was still throwing up and having dirty diapers constantly so we took her into the ER again. James and Uncle Rand gave Isa a blessing right before we left and by the time we got to the ER her fever was down to 100 degrees. They wanted to do an IV this time to rehydrate her, but I told them that the Zofran worked the night before so I wanted to try that again. They gave it to her and sent us home with some extras. This stopped all the vomiting so she just had to keep drinking and drinking to get her through all the dirty diapers. SEVEN days later, the rota virus left! That was the scariest week of my entire life. My baby girl laid lifeless in my arms for days.. it was awful. She didn't eat ANYTHING that entire week, so it took her awhile to get back to normal- about a month later she was back on schedule and thriving again. Whew! During all this time I was called to be the Relief Society 2nd Counselor. We have already threw a huge birthday party and had 3 funerals in 5 weeks. Life has been hectic, but we are surviving! Now that I am finally feeling a bit back to normal, I will try to post some new pictures of Isabelle and my growing tummy this weekend. Thanks to all that supported us through this craziness with phone calls, meals, etc. We LOVE you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow, i had no idea things were so rough over there! i think we need to live on the same street so I can come take care of you and Isa when you're not feeling so swell. i'm glad things are getting better though. that's definately no good to be so sick with a sick toddler on top of that. sounds like a nightmare. but atleast things are looking a bit better now.
Wow! Life sure has been crazy for you all. I hope you start feeling better soon. I hope you have another little girl!!! :)
YAY, finally an update that is not through my mom :) I LOVVVVVEEEE the new background too! Glad you are feeling better!
Geez, I live around the block & had no idea things were so rough for you. I am glad you both are feeling better!
Post a Comment